Spring has sprung and this time of year tends to bring about a desire to cleanse and renew – so why not join me for a spring clean and health overhaul?
During winter most of us go into hibernation mode – and our bodies do something similar. Our digestion becomes a little sluggish, our detoxification pathways become a little clogged, and we’re a little more fatigued. We may have even piled on a few extra kilos. While much of this is fairly normal as our bodies change and adapt with the seasons; a review of what’s going on internally can be just what you and your body need to transition into the warmer months with ease.
What you can expect from a spring cleanse with me.
I’m not really one for “detox programs” for a few reasons – firstly, we are all so different and there is no one-size-fits-all program when it comes to our health; and secondly our bodies are extremely clever and are doing the detox work for us all the time (thank you kidneys, liver and bowels). However, if we’ve been overindulging, not exercising or have been unwell (and perhaps on medication) our detoxification pathways can become overwhelmed and sluggish. So it can’t hurt to give our liver, kidneys and bowels a little extra love while also having a look at your overall health picture and determining what exactly a cleanse might mean for you.
We will sit down together for a full 90 minutes and delve deeply into any current health concerns you might have, review your overall health picture, and go through your current dietary and lifestyle habits. Following this we will tailor a health plan to meet your individual needs. This may include herbal medicine and nutritional supplementation depending on your circumstances; as well as diet, movement, relaxation and lifestyle advice to support and nourish the body’s natural healing capacity and have you feeling fit and well as we move toward summer.
During our work together you can expect to develop sustainable health habits that will nourish your health regardless of the season. You may also gain an improvement in digestion, increased energy, balanced hormones, glowing skin, improved moods, and an overall feeling of health and wellbeing.
To get you started here are a few of my favourite detoxification tips you can try at home.
- Water – ensure you are drinking at least 1.5 to 2 litres of water daily. Water is essential when it comes to supporting the kidneys (whose job it is to filter waste products), and in ensuring we are eliminating efficiently.
- Bitter/dark leafy greens – bitter and/or leafy greens such as rocket, kale, dandelion, raddichio, spinach, silverbeet and watercress stimulate digestion and are excellent for liver support. Aim for at least 2 cups daily.
- Protein – the amino acids within protein are required by the liver to actually complete the job of detoxification. Ensure you are consuming protein with every meal and snack. Recommended sources include organic, ethically farmed meat, poultry, fish and eggs as well as tempeh, tofu, nuts, seeds, and legumes.
- Fibre – fibre keeps out gut happy and us eliminating efficiently. Flax and chia seeds are wonderful sources of fibre, as are fruits and vegetables, legumes and whole grains.
- Sweat – when we sweat we release toxins via our skin. Exercise is obviously a great way to sweat it out, as it hot yoga or you could try an infrared sauna.
Spring Cleanse Offer
I have recently joined the team at West Street Wellbeing and as a special Spring Introductory offer I would like to offer you $50 off your initial consult with me. If you book an initial appointment with me over the next month you will receive your 90 minute session for the price of a 45 minute session! Not only is that an incredible saving – but an excellent excuse to get your health in tip top shape for summer and beyond. Click here to make an appointment, or send me an email and I will book you in!